Why do I specialise in helping women in business?
Barbara-Lee specialises in helping women in business protect the quality lifestyle they are working hard to create who struggle with the many demands made on their time and resources. Because she has access to all the major insurance companies there is no cost for her services and she can save you time and money by working with you to suit your schedule.
What separates her services from other advisers is that she specialises in working with women in business and can put a plan in place which is specifically tailored for your family and business, even if you are just starting in business, or a seasoned entrepreneur and because of this her clients have the peace of mind and financial security that in the event of an unexpected illness, injury or death, they know that their family and business will continue to grow and prosper.
I help women in business protect the quality lifestyle they are working hard to create by providing specialist risk advice that that is tailored whether you are new to business or a seasoned entrepreneur
You create – we protect!
When my marriage ended 15 years ago it was a time in my life when I was forced to stop and re-evaluate who I was and what it was that I wanted to in my life. As a woman I naturally assumed that I would have full custody of my two beautiful children but soon discovered that I was expected to share custody in two weekly cycles. I found this gap in time to myself difficult and at that time I was working for the University, so I decided to undertake some studies in the MBA programme where I quickly learnt more about myself and my needs and wants than ever before. It became apparent that for me to be happy in life I was suited to being in business. At that point I did not know what type of business but it had to be around helping people.
I was then introduced to someone in the financial services industry who encouraged me to work part time in their business, and from there I quickly become involved in the industry and I spent the first two years learning more than I even thought I could and passing my qualifications to become an Authorised Financial Adviser, Insurance and Mortgage Specialist.
It’s a very rewarding role and it’s great to be able to walk away from a business or family and know that if something unexpected did happen that they would be taken care of financially. Over time I have experienced the difference that this makes at claim time and it is this knowledge that drives me to help as many people as I can.
Because I am a woman in business, so are many of my valued clients also. We are nature’s nurturers, carers and protectors of our families and I believe this is why I enjoying the role I do so much and in particular working with women.
I have found that women generally go into business because it is something that they are interested in, e.g., photography, or passionate about, e.g., natural cleaning products. Generally it’s what drives us.
But in my experience women in business are usually so busy working that they find it hard to find the time to sit back and think about their own risks – not only to their businesses but also to their families. They are so busy creating and developing their business that it is hard to get enough time to sit down together to discuss their options. The types of business I work for understand the need to take some time to sit down and look at their needs and I help them develop strategies that will allow them financial security, no matter what life throws at them.
When women work with me I can add tremendous value to them. I can ensure that as a women you will have products that are going to work for you around your biggest risks, which is generally cancer. So ensuring policy wordings are the strongest in these areas, having access to drugs and treatments on the non pharmac list, and to make sure that there is plenty of money available in the event of a breast cancer diagnosis for example, so you can have your reconstruction when and where you choose and it is fully funded.
There are no fees for my services and I am happy to come and visit you at a time and place to suit you. We can arrange a time get together and I can see whether I can add value to you and your business. If not I will gladly pass you on to someone who can.
Have you ever found yourself thinking?
- A friend was diagnosed with cancer, what would that mean to my family and business if that happened to me?
- If I was to become unwell or injured, I don’t want to be on a waiting list for surgery for months and I would definitely want access to drugs on the non pharmac list.
- I would want my family looked after if I was to die prematurely and would want all debts paid off and have a lump sum available for the children’s education.
Her three key tips for you are:
- Don’t accept generic advice online or at the Bank – Barbara-Lee will tailor a plan that meets your individual needs – remember – one size does not fit all. You want to be sure you have access to the best comprehensive covers available to suit your individual situation.
- When was the last time your personal protection plan was reviewed? Life changes so quickly these days, you need to know that your Financial Adviser will contact you regularly to ensure your plan still meets your needs. Barbara-Lee’s advice process means that your covers will be reviewed regularly. It’s an important part of her business to ensure her clients are regularly cared for.
- Would you really want to ring an 0800 number at claim time? This is the time where the rubber hits the road for the insurance company and your adviser. Part of our process is to be there at claim time. We are there to manage your claim every step of the way.